WHAT CREATES STABILITY IN A CHILD?
At This Little House Of Mine We Believe The Key Factors Are:
▪ Siblings Growing Up Together – IS Key To Securing Their “Family Bond” & Sense of Security and Stability
▪ Raising Children Up With In A Community
▪ Keeping To The Basics, Allowing Children To Grow Up As A Child Should…In “Their” Home, Attending Church, School, Building Relationships & Enjoying “THEIR CHILDHOOD”
▪ Allowing For “Extended Family” Contact – Protecting their relationships with Stable Family Members such as Grandma, Grandpa, Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, etc…
▪ Accountability of Biological Parents - Keeping Parents of child(ren) fully accountable for why the child(ren) has been separated from them! Providing one-on-one Parenting Mentourship through the House Parents. Outside Christian counseling, providing an accountability partner, support in obtaining the right job, parent classes, getting them planted in a Home Church, guiding them to a Small Group for long term support, providing financial planning classes, teaching them about ministry and the value & effectiveness of “putting others needs before their own”…
▪ Biological Parents Reunification –Supervised Visitation Program-Once it is decided it’s time for the Parents to be reunified with the Children, the biological parents/parent will be invited to move into the Home to live with their child under the supervision of the House Parents for a minimum of 6 Months. The House Parents will be their “Life Support” guiding the biological parents, supporting them and helping the biological parents and child(ren) to adjust and gain life long skills for a very successful Parent/Child relationship.
* Providing Stability In The Lives Of Children
* Main Agenda “Keeping Siblings Together”
* Securing The “Family” Bond, Giving Children The Best
Sense of “Normal” In the Scope Of their Current Circumstances!
* Loving – Training Up – Preparation For Leaving The Home
* Working Closely with all Family & Individuals directly connected to the child’s life
* Reunification and/or Graduation Into An Independent Life As A Secure Stable Adult